Thursday, February 11

{2.12.10}

Today is Chris' birthday. I can't believe I have known him now for nine years. He is the best man, husband, father, and provider.
Photobucket
So I decided to do a list of the {thirty} things I love best about my honey.

1. I'll be shallow on this first one, he is good-lookin'. It was definitely one of the things I noticed about him. Which leads me to the next one-

2. He has the best smile. You would not believe how many times I have heard people say that. He has smile eyes, too-you know-when they crinkle at the corners when he smiles. His whole face smiles when he is happy.

3. He is very generous. With everything, and with everyone. With his time, talents, and will just listen. We get a small amount of "fun money" whenever he gets paid. I am notorious for overspending, and he will offer me some of his. Countless times. So now you know about me, too, I overspend countless times.

4. He loves the kids. I mean he really loves them. He tells stories to them, reads to them, wrestles with them, light saber wars, basketball, feeds them, changes their diaper (Hailey), and would do anything for them. Everytime he comes home from work my kids play hide and go seek so he has to find them. They love it, and they love him.

5. He works hard. Everyday he gets up and goes to work. Doesn't complain, just does what he has to do.

6. He will eat leftovers. Which is so important for being married to a person who thinks cooking is only necessary when you don't have any leftovers to eat.

7. He is frugal. Which I just called cheap when we were first married. I was really spendy and he was not, so we have evened each other out.

8. He is nice to his mom, and for that matter the rest of his extended family. It is true what they say about guys that are nice to their moms or not nice shows a lot about how they are going to treat you.

9. He is clean. He picks up after himself, will do the dishes, help with Saturday chores, all that good stuff. Now if I could just get him to pick up his shoes, he would be perfect.

10. This is like frugal, but he doesn't waste things. If there is any way he can fix something, or make something last longer he will. I love that, it keeps me grounded when there is 50 things I would like to get, but don't, because I don't need them.

11. He likes to play games. Card games, board games, computer games, video games. We have had a lot of fun times on couples dates (hello Madsens), and just hanging out with playing games.

12. He is a good camper. I know he will be shocked if he reads this, because I am not huge on camping, as an adult. I loved it growing up, though. Some of my favorite childhood memories are from when I went camping. And Chris knows how to camp really well. If it were left up to me the tent would sag, we wouldn't be sleeping on even ground, and we would not have a fire.

13. He has nice teeth. That was always one of the first things I looked at when I was dating, and he passed.

14. He is supportive.

15. He takes care of himself physically. Hey baby, how you doin'?

16. He looks good in hats. And kind of embarrassing, but I can't fit into his hats. What can I say, I have a big head. Ever met my dad?

17. We have the same taste in food. We have ordered the same thing at restaurants all the time.

18. He is a good driver. Neither of us have ever been in a wreck. It's so nice not to have high premiums.

19. I have witnessed him playing Barbies with Emma. And it is the cutest thing. She will come up to him and ask "which one do you like best"? Translation-You are playing Barbies with me whether you like it or not.

20. He doesn't complain much about getting family pictures. I am sure there are a lot of things that he would rather do than get pictures taken, but you know, he will do it anyway.

21. He's funny. I love it when he will read me the jokes off the Laffy Taffy wrappers. Or when he'll tell me jokes that the young men in our ward tell him. When he tells them, they are funny, just trust me.

22. He likes to watch "the Office". I love that show.

23. He makes me sneak candy into movies. I will spend some money on quite of few things, but not theater candy. What a rip off. And Chris feels the same way. See it is love.

24. I love how excited he gets when he get a good deal. It's like watching a kid at Christmas.

25. He gives the best head and back scratches. And I don't have to whine too much to get one.

26. He cooks great breakfast food. And he does just about every Saturday.

27. He loves watching our kids play sports. Well, I guess Braden only so far. But he gets to watch Emma's 3 or 4 hour dance recital soon. What a lucky guy!

28. He likes good movies.

29. One of the things that I loved when I met him was that he was a Collective Soul fan. We used to have all of their CDs memorized.

30. He is taking me to New York in May. I love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment